Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Biking in Danshui

Since Taekwondo is over (see movies on YouTube! 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CIFyS0IW4 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyV-ZknR9jY) we only have a few more culture classes left before the semester is officially over, even though no one actually leaves until June. So today we went to Danshui, or a few MRT stops away from it, rented some bikes and rode to Danshui.

It was so much fun! We should have been doing this a long time ago. I mean, pedalling down narrow street, trying to avoid the scooters and the lanterns hanging above us. It was so beautiful! Then we got to the ocean and for the majority of the ride, we were riding parallel to the ocean and had a nice breeze to cool us down. Most people got sunburned, but it was worth it! I'm not as bad as some people, but I still used quite a bit of aloe vera when I got back. Now I'm so tired!

One of the Rotarians owns a restaurant in Danshui, so we ate lunch there. He's so nice! He keeps telling us to go to his restaurant and he'll give us free food, and he doesn't lie! I think everyone ate for free and people were saying that they've been there before and have eaten for free. I wish all Taiwanese Rotarians were like this. But I only have 2 months left to survive. Tomorrow is my 8 month anniversary! Ahh! It's all going to quickly! I still have quite a few gifts to buy, so if you have any suggestions, email me: jazz_bond123@hotmail.com

See you in approx. 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment