Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Earthquakes and Landslides

Well, I have officially switched to my last host family. They are so sweet! I have 2 younger host sisters, one is 16, she's going to Hungary next year, and one is 15. The dad is super nice and always asks for certain words in English and the mom has offered to teach me to cook Taiwanese food if I'll teach her to cook Canadian food. My room is so big! It's got foam on the floor, so it's really comfortable and a big window so I can see all of Taipei outside. I now live on a mountain, it's really beautiful, but a little inconvenient because the bus down the mountain only comes once an hour, so I'm eaither really early to school, or really late.

On Sunday, there was an earthquake, which is no big deal, I'm pretty used to earthquakes, they're really fun! But there was another one yesterday which was big enough that a mountain actually moved, I didn't see the before and after pictures on the news, but my friends were telling me about it. And it also triggered a landslide that lasted 52 hours and they believe that 4 people have been buried underneath. I saw people digging through it on the news. It covered a highway, so now there's lots of traffic.

Other than that, I'm okay. It's a cold and rainy day, ah! I miss hearing Dad say that! It's cold and rainy here pretty often. Tomorrow it's supposed to be warm and rainy and the inbounds are going to the zoo for culture class. It's weird. On Monday, the morning was cold, the it warmed up around noon, like warm enough that I thought I was going to melt then a few hours later, it got really cold again. The weather here is stupid, why can't it just stay the same?

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now! Still don't know my address, I keep forgetting to ask, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment