Friday, April 23, 2010

The Sky is Falling!!

Hey, I just have to tell you about this! So I was reading Holes today in school, and you know how Stanley ends up at Camp Green Lake because some shoes fell from the sky and he got blamed for stealing them? Well, walking back to the appartment from the bus stop, almost home from school and all of a sudden, this sandal lands right in front of me. I looked up and the other one was falling towards me, so I moved and it didn't hit me. I had to laugh. It was someone from the same building as me. But the sad thing is that this isn't uncommon here. I remember on some my first few weeks here how I'd be waiting at the bus stop with other people and they'd be eating or drinking something and when they were finished, they'd just throw their garbage on the gound! It's discusting! Just this morning when I was waiting for the bus there was a girl there drinking milk and eventually she decided she'd had enough and poured the rest of the carton out then threw the empty carton on the ground! These people are like animals, it's sad how I'm getting used to this. I've never done anything like this, either in Canada or Taiwan, I know better than that.

This is why we aren't allowed to eat or drink on the subway, because people will just throw their garbage on the floor. Betel nut is also really gross. It's basically this red gunk that people chew and store in their cheeks when they're not chewing it, then when they're done, they just spit it out on the sidewalk. It's amazing how much of this people can fit into their mouths. I've seen people spit their entire load out and it truly is discusting. This is why you'll see red smears all over the sidewalks and roads here. You're also not allowed to chew betel nut on the subway because it's discusting enough when you're not on the subway. It also stains people's teeth red, so you can always tell who's been at it.

I thought, Taiwan being an advanced country, that they'd have a little more manners than this. I can't wait to get back to human civilization in Canada!!

No comments:

Post a Comment